The European Association of the Via Francigena ways EAVF disseminates information concerning the precautionary measures taken by the Lombardy Region on 21 February 2020 in relation to the Coronavirus cases in the area of Lodi, where a few persons have been tested virus positive.
There are ten Lodi municipalities which the Lombardy Region invites you to avoid: Codogno, Castiglione d’Adda, Casalpusterlengo, Maleo, Fombio, Bertonico, Castelgerundo, Terranova dei Passerini, Somaglia, San Fiorano.
As a precaution, it is therefore advisable not to travel the two stages of the Via Francigena: 1. Santa Cristina – Orio Litta; 2. Orio Litta – Piacenza, as they are included in the quarantine perimeter for the precautions suggested by the health authorities.
Please note the following precautions to limit the risk of contagion as much as possible:
- maintenance of hand hygiene: wash your hands often with soap and water or alcoholic solutions;
- maintenance of respiratory tract: sneeze or cough in a handkerchief or with your elbow flexed;
- use a mask and throw the used tissues into a closed basket immediately after use and wash your hands;
- safe food practices: avoid raw or undercooked meat, unwashed fruit or vegetables and unwrapped drinks;
- avoid close contact whenever possible with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory diseases such as coughing and sneezing.
We also inform you that anyone experiencing flu symptoms and / or respiratory problems, the indication is not to go to the emergency room, but to contact the 112 number directly, who will evaluate each situation and activate specific protocol for transport to the healthcare facilities in charge or to possibly carry out the necessary tests.
The President of the Region, Attilio Fontana, underlined that “The regional coordination table is always open, we are ready to react to any eventuality. We have taken measures that should not be understood as something that can frighten but as something that can block the epidemic“.
“The measures we take – continued the president – are the only means to avoid spreading the infection and should not be seen as something dramatic and worrying. It has been shown that this system contributes in a permanent way to blocking the spread. We must not spread the panic, however, the measures, which we will be able to re-evaluate after the meeting with Minister Speranza, are fundamental for the good of the community “.