The government announced the Red Zone in the Valle d’Aosta, Piedmont, Lombardy, Tuscany and Campania regions. Apulia, Emilia-Romagna and Liguria are in the Orange Zone.
VALLE D’AOSTA / PIEDMONT / LOMBARIDA / TUSCANY / CAMPANIA: RED ZONE
- Movements: movements between municipalities and within the same municipal area are prohibited except for health reasons, emergency and necessity.
- Activities: all non-essential activities and services such as bars, restaurants, retail shops are closed. Grocery stores and pharmacies remain open.
It is therefore not possible to walk along the Via Francigena.
APULIA / EMILIA ROMAGNA/LIGURIA: ORANGE ZONE
- Travel: prohibition of entry and exit from the region and ban on circulation between municipalities except for reasons of health, work, proven necessities, return to one’s home.
- Activities: shopping malls are closed on holidays, weekends, a day before holidays. Pharmacies, supermarkets, tobacco and news stands remain open.
LAZIO: YELLOW ZONE
- Movements: no movement prohibition, and it is therefore allowed to move along the Via Francigena. From 22.00 to 5.00 movements motivated by proven work needs, necessity or health reasons are allowed. Therefore, do not walk after 22.00 and before 05.00.
- It is strongly recommended not to use public transport (except for work, study, health reasons or strong necessity).
- Closing of urban areas: In some urban areas with a high risk of gathering, closure of public spaces can be activated.
- Activities: The activities of catering services (including bars, pubs, restaurants, ice cream parlors, pastry shops) are allowed from 5.00 to 18.00. Consumption at the table is allowed for a maximum of four people per table, unless they are all living together. Attention: after 18.00 the consumption of food and drinks in public places is forbidden. Take away and home deliveries are allowed until 10 pm, with a ban on consumption on the spot or nearby.
- Public transport: maximum capacity drops from 80% to 50% with changes in timetable.
- Parks, villas and public gardens: attendance is subject to strict compliance with the prohibition of gatherings and the interpersonal safety distance of one meter.
It is mandatory to have respiratory protective devices with you at all times, to wear them in indoor places other than private homes and in all outdoor places except in cases where, due to the characteristics of the places or the circumstances, it is the condition of isolation from non-cohabiting people is continuously guaranteed.
Exceptions: people carrying individual sport activities are excluded; children under the age of six; people with pathologies or disabilities incompatible with the use of the mask, as well as for those who, to interact with the aforementioned, are in the same incompatibility.
The use of respiratory protection devices is strongly recommended even in private homes in the presence of non-cohabiting people.