Via Francigena has been confirmed as Cultural Route of Council of Europe and the EAVF has confirmed as “leader of network”.
EAVF forwards the message from Stefano Dominioni (Executive Secretary of the Council of Europe Enlarged Partial Agreement on Cultural Routes and Director of the European Intitute of Cultural Routes) and the evaluation report of Pierre Frustier where you can be informed about the following points :
1. The certificate of the «Via Francigena Cutural Routes of the Council of Europe » has been confirmed for the next three years 2016/2019 ;
2. For these three years the European Association of the Francigena Ways has been confirmed as a « leader network » for the Via Francigena ;
3. A positive opinion has been expressed about the request to extend the certificate of the « Via Francigena Cultural Route of the Council of Europe » to the « Via Francigena of the South » (asked by the AEVF General Assembly on 19 march 2015). The extention of the certificate must be agreed by the Regions involved in the network : a mutual agreement has to been signed. However, the final decision of this extention will be taken by the EAVF General Assembly, the governing body of the Via Francigena leader network.
The EAVF confirms to follow the recommendations included in the report of Pierre Frustier
– Report Pierre Frustier
– Letter of Robert Palmer about AEVF leader network
– Letter of the EICR Director Stefano Dominioni