The Francigena award meets pilgrims on the road. The three winning stories of the 2017 edition will be supplied for free in the structures that have join the initiative organised and promoted by Betti publishing company.
The Via Francigena is a way to see territories we may know, seeing it profoundly, becoming inspired by places and people to narrate emotions and feelings. “It’s from this idea that the literary award comes from – explains editor Luca Betti – and that words can be an inspiration and guide for pilgrims, we wanted to promote the literary award with the winning stories of the first edition.”
Pilgrims can find the free tales in the many structures that joined the initiative. The brochure contains one of the three winners of the 2017 edition: the journey of the heart and mind by Riccardo Benucci, “Viaggiare con gli occhi”, “La Via di Hans” by Eros Teodori, in which pilgrimage represents a sons search for a father figure, and the touching trip of Elio and Vera by Matteo Minerva, “Senza perdersi mai”.
Participation in the 2018 edition is still possible up until 15th October, entitled “I’m leaving for now… Stories on the road”, born from the wish to give space to emerging authors who, leaving for the Francigena, want to tell their stories at a slow pace, opening readers up to a world of places and traditions of Italy. The winners will be awarded during two events in the municipalities of Monteriggioni (SI) and Pontremoli (MS) and the stories will be published by Betti Editrice.
The award has been realised with the support of the leading municipalities of the Tuscan Via Francigena (Pontremoli, Lucca, Fucecchio, Siena) representing the 39 municipalities of the Vie Francigena, and in collaboration with the administration of Pontremoli and Monteriggioni, who will host the award ceremonies. Regione Toscana and the European Association of Via Francigena Ways (EAVF) are the two main partners of the 2018 edition. The deadline to participate is 15th October.
WHERE CAN I FIND THE STORIES?
· Ostello di Santhià – Santhià (VC)
· B&B Verde Musica – Borgofranco d’Ivrea (TO)
· Residenza i Mille – Pavia (PV)
· La locanda nel vento – Calestano (PR)
· Le case del Centrale – Gambassi Terme (FI)
· Ostello diffuso di Lusignana – Filattiera (MS)
· Stella B&B Lucca – Lucca (LU)
· Fraternita di Misericordia di S. Miniato Basso – San Miniato Basso (PI)
· B&B Podere Fonternaccia – Colle di Val d’Elsa (SI)
· Casa vacanze Platea delle Oche – Sutri (VT)
· Casaletto del Pellegrino – Viterbo (VT)
· B&B Ai Glicini – Frattocchie Marino (RM)
· B&B La Scaletta – Formello (RM)
· B&B Nonna Loreta – Formello (RM)
Find the coordinates, addresses and contact details of the aforementioned structures at www.viefrancigene.org
For more information and to download the competition forms visit http://www.betti.it/premio-francigena/
For more info and materials contact: email@example.com – Tel. +39 351 8353373