The Via Francigena in Tuscany is a walking tour organised by Slow Active Tours from Lucca to Siena. This itinerary still preserves, after centuries of history, the unspoilt atmosphere of a time when the first wayfarers retraced the route that led the archbishop of Canterbury to Rome.
Among the ancient white roads of Tuscany, old farmhouses perched on rivers and medieval villages, you will arrive in Siena welcomed by Porta Camollia, the ancient entrance to the city strategically located on the Via Cassia.
– The incredible medieval atmosphere of Lucca
– San Miniato: the Borgo degli Imperatori
– Chianti DOCG: a tasty Tuscan tradition
– Vernaccia: the white queen of Dante and Boccaccio
– Terra di Siena: a pigment unique in the world
For more information: www.slowactivetours.com
Via Corrado Alvaro, 17a, 73100 – Lecce, LE – Italia
Tel: +39 0832 1826868
Prices vary depending on the season