This photo contest is for all pilgrims, walkers and tourists from all over Europe to share their experience on the Via Francigena and other routes! Participating is very simple!
Just follow these few steps:
1. Publish a post on your Instagram, Facebook or Twitter profile that speaks about your travel experience and the cultural heritage you have discovered along the route.
2. Tag the location, @rurAllure (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and the page @ViaFrancigena (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) along with the hashtags #rurallure and #viafrancigena.
Write a short text below your photos describing your experience, along with impressions, travel tips or whatever comes to mind. You have time until 31 October 2022. Don’t forget to keep your profile public, so that your post doesn’t escape us, that would be a real shame!
On 7 November we will announce the winners of the competition: up for grabs many prizes kindly offered by our partners, including Ferrino, Garmont and many other brands – expert technical equipment for hiking.
Furthermore, if you have traveled several routes and want to share other photos as well, you can post your shots following the same rules, tagging only the @rurAllure page and using the hashtag #rurallure.
Here are all the other itineraries participating in the competition:
- Via Francigena
- Via Romea Strata
- Via Romea Germanica
- Cammino di Santiago/ Camino de Santiago
- Sant Olav ways in Scandinavia
- Ways to Csíksomlyó / Way of Mary / Via Mariae / Mária út
Too many photos to choose from? Problem solved, you can publish them all! A special category of is dedicated to the user who submits the most photos and to the author of the most interesting publication.
For more information read the Terms and Conditions.
The EAVF actively collaborates with the European project rurAllure linked to the enhancement of the heritage of the pilgrimage routes of all Europe, including the Via Francigena, focusing in particular on the mapping of the thermal heritage of Roman and Etruscan origin concentrated between Tuscany and Lazio.