- Saturday 14 Mar. 2020
- Sunday 14 Jun. 2020
The Saturday morning walks will start on 14 March 2020 and will let all those interested to discover some of the most interesting parts of the northern Via Francigena.
The initiative, supported by the European Association of Via Francigena ways was conceived by the Association Friends of the Via Francigena of Santhià. The walks will be guided by Marcello Vallese.
Below is the calendar of scheduled walks:
- 14 March: castles and churches among the rice fields, from charming Casanova Elvo to splendid Quinto Vercellese
- 25April: spring at the lake Sirio - from Montalto Dora to the lake Sirio
- 2 May: on the Via Francigena from Belgioioso to Chignolo
- 16 May: historic journey from Santa Barnaba to San Paul, surrounded by flowering rhododendris
- 30 May: blossoming of wild peony from Perloz to the hill of peonies
- 6 June: at the roman bridge of Pondel - from Aymaville to Pondel and the way back via a different route
- 13 and 14 June: on the Via Francigena from Chignolo Po to Piacenza
Attached are posters with the details of all the walks in downloadable format.
Warmly recommended to take walking shoes or boots and poles. Registration is welcome, but not mandatory, within two days before the walk (contact Marcello: 338 6980535 or Mario: 366 4404253; or write to: email@example.com).
The walks will take place only in the absence of rainfall.
At the start, offers will be collected as a contribution to the maintenance costs of the Via Francigena.
Excursion conducted by:
Marcello Vallese - hiking environmental guide
With official authorization from the Piedmont Region - Insured guide as per the provisions of the Regional Law of 26 November 2001 - nr. 33. and subsequent amendments
Rules, conditions, details of the equipment to participate in the excursion will be sent by e-mail to the interested parties.
E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org - cell. 338 6980535